Dental Implants in Cape May Court House
Sunshine Dentistry provides dental implants in Cape May Court House for patients missing one, several, or all of their teeth on the upper or lower arch. To learn if dental implants are right for you, book a consultation online, or call 609-465-5415.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are state-of-the-art dental restorations that replace missing teeth. With millions of people in the U.S missing at least one tooth, dental implants have surged in popularity thanks to their natural appearance and the oral health benefits they afford.
Dental implants are made of three parts:
- Biocompatible screw or post
- Dental crown
If you decide to replace a missing tooth or teeth with implant restorations, the procedure may take 6 months or longer. Our dentists will partner with an experienced periodontist or oral surgeon to provide collaborative care.
Treatment will begin with an oral evaluation based on high-resolution images and scans of your mouth. Then, sophisticated software will be used to precisely implant the biocompatible screws. The screws will be covered with a healing cap, which will remain on the screws for several months to allow the implant to fuse with the bone and soft tissues in a process called osseointegration.
You’ll return to our practice once osseointegration is complete. Your implanted screws will be fitted with an abutment. We will then attach the artificial teeth (dental crowns) to the implants.
The final result are dental implants that look and function like natural teeth, and prevent further loss of jaw bone.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer far more benefits than other restorations to replace missing teeth. Benefits of dental implants include:
- Restored bite force
- Improved speech
- Better chewing capabilities
- Self-esteem boost
- Stopping further jawbone loss (implants may even promote new growth of the jawbone)
- Natural appearance
- Long-lasting (at least 20 years, but often last a lifetime)
- Reduced risk of losing additional teeth
- Reduced risk of infections developing in empty pockets
- Preventing adjacent teeth from drifting into the space left by missing teeth
- No special tools, adhesives, or soaks are required to care for dental implants
- Crowns will not develop cavities
- Prevent an altered facial appearance (sagging/sinking around the mouth)
- More comfortable than dentures
Types of Dental Implants Available
Dental implants are available to replace all of your missing teeth. The types of dental implants available include:
- Single-tooth dental implant restorations
- Implant-supported bridges to replace multiple missing teeth in a row
- Implant-supported dentures
- Full upper or lower arch of teeth using as few as four dental implants
No matter how many missing teeth you have, options are available to restore your smile to beauty and good function with dental implants.
Why Choose Sunshine Dentistry?
Sunshine Dentistry's dentists are passionate about helping you to achieve and maintain excellent oral health. Dental implant restorations are an excellent option for those who are missing one or more teeth. We partner with the area’s best periodontists and oral surgeons to help you achieve a beautiful, healthy, restored smile.
Our team of dentists at Sunshine Dentistry are among some of the most widely respected dental experts in New Jersey. Our dentists have earned recognition as Top Doctors in New Jersey in the field of Dentistry. Our Cape May Court House dental practice was also named a Best of Jersey Shore provider in multiple categories.